CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 15, 2011

"I Thought I Was Ugly"

Yesterday I was reading ''Discovery Girls'' magazine and there was an article about this girl who thought she was ugly! She hated herself and wrote this in her diary:

Dear Diary,

Today I was drawing a picture of myself when my so-called friend Mattie walked by and whispered to this girl Lizzie, ''Wow, that's almost as weird as she is in person.'' HA HA HA!!! SO NOT FUNNY! But...is it true? Am I really weird? I know I'm not as skinny as these girls, and my hair isn't perfectly straight or all curly and pretty. WOW! Maybe I AM weird. OHHH! I feel like an elephant next to toothpicks! I never want to go to school again! EVER!

Yours,
Alexis

Her mom found her diary and read what she wrote. She was mad at first, but then her mom kept telling her that she wasn't ugly and she was beautiful. She started believing her mom. And then she was on Oprah's show . Oprah told her she was beautiful and she believed her.

Alexis started to think different about what it means to be beautiful. She realized that what is inside is more important than what is outside.

What I learned is that it doesn't matter what other people think - it just matters what you think and how you treat other people.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment... I like to read them Thank you!